Verne Pedro, managing attorney of Fullerton Beck’s New Jersey office and an insurance coverage attorney, will be speaking at the Insurance Law Institute presented by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, a division of the New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA), in cooperation with the NJSBA Insurance Law Section. The two-day event is scheduled for November 17 & 18, 2020.
The Insurance Law Institute provides a full gamut of programming that will benefit all insurance law practitioners. The panel of policyholder and insurance coverage attorneys will discuss various types of policies, duties and litigation that flow from these policies, and will provide the latest updates, insights and differing perspectives about how to handle complicated and ethically challenging problems that often arise in insurance law practice.
Verne is scheduled to present on self-insured retentions, deductibles and “other insurance” issues. He will cover:
- Distinctions between SIRs/deductibles and impact on limits and defense costs
- Attachment of SIRs/deductibles
- Number of SIRs/deductibles and the potential for stacking
- Application of SIRs as “other insurance”
- Obligation to pay SIRs/deductibles and insureds vs. additional insureds
- Insolvent insureds unable to satisfy SIRs
- Satisfaction of SIRs/deductibles through payments by other insurers
CLE credits are available for attorneys in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. Trial attorney certification credits are pending.